Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Introducing Kent Parkstreet - Humourist, Musician, Raconteur

Monday, January 3, 2011


Resolution.

My resolution for this year is to, as the kids say, harden the fuck up.


I refer back to my old theory. If one is an arsehole ninety nine times in a row the one time one is nice will be remembered. If one is nice ninety nine times the one time one screws up is remembered. My women friends tell me of all the awful things their men do, the same things over and over again. After they've told me they go home and screw him. From now on they can tell someone else.


"Tell the bloke you are screwing, or screw me then tell me."


I'm going to harden up at work, put a price on my talent and experience. I'm going to harden up socially, not be the guy who nurses the lame duck and therefore be associated with him by others.


An old friend once told me,"some musicians are real dogs, others aren't doggy enough" when he was worried I wasn't tough enough for the music business. I'm belatedly taking his advice.


Woof.


Parkstreet.
http://www.parkstreetquotes.blogspot.com/
SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments: